How It Works (High School)
Exceptional Courses, Entire Support Team, Individualized Program
With more than 150 online courses from which to choose, including three to four versions of core subjects, your child can enjoy an individualized high school program tailored to his or her goals and abilities.
*Courses offered are subject to teacher availability.
The K12 high school program provides North Carolina Virtual Academy students with a high school experience like no other, with:
- Multiple curriculum options to meet the needs of every kind of learner
- A diverse catalog with more than 150 courses, including up to four levels of math, language arts, science, and history
- Individualized Learning Plan for each student that charts a course for success
- Teachers, advisors, counselors, coordinators, and other educational personnel who offer personalized, extensive support to students and families
- Robust college and career planning tools
- Extracurricular clubs and activities
- In-person, teacher-led and school-sponsored events where students can meet their peers
Who is this intended for?
The NCVA high school program serves students in grades 9–12 throughout the state.
What are the costs?
As a public charter school authorized by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction, North Carolina Virtual Academy is part of the public school system and is tuition free. The K12 curriculum is provided free of charge, as well as a loaner computer system, printer and Internet stipend for families who qualify.
How do I get started?
Visit our How to Enroll section for more information about how to start the enrollment process.