Coronavirus Prevention FAQs
What does North Carolina Virtual Academy (NCVA) recommend I do to protect my student and family from coronavirus infection?
Like you, NCVA and K12 are concerned with the ongoing coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. To safeguard your family and prevent the spread of the virus, K12 strongly recommends following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) prevention guidelines, some of which are outlined below:
CDC's Recommendations for Slowing the Spread
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth to help protect yourself and others.
- Stay 6 feet apart from others who don’t live with you.
- Get a COVID-19 vaccine when it is available to you.
- Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated indoor spaces.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available
- Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow and do not spit.
- Monitor your health daily. Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19. Follow CDC guidance if symptoms develop.
For more informaiton on the plans in place to ensure the safety of students and staff as we return to in-person testing, please see the NCVA Safe Return to School SY22-23 plan.