At North Carolina Virtual Academy (NCVA), your child can learn in the ways that are right for them—at home, on the road, or wherever there’s an internet connection. But the benefits of online school extend far beyond convenience and can make a big difference for your student.
Benefits of Online Schooling with NCVA
While the benefits of a personalized education experience will be different for each student, some of the main advantages NCVA families enjoy are as follows:
- Public school at home empowers families to control their school environment.
- Students work at their own pace, adjusting the amount of time they spend on topics based on their rate of understanding.
- Online school allows families to balance learning with other commitments such as work, extracurricular activities, or family responsibilities.
- Learning online helps students expand their understanding as students from various backgrounds come together in virtual classrooms to exchange ideas and perspectives.
- Online learning hones digital literacy skills, a crucial competence in the modern workforce.
NCVA is a community of students, families, and educators dedicated to expanding educational choice through innovative and technology-rich instructional practices, and is accountable for developing each student’s full potential for academic and post-secondary success.
Open to full-time, North Carolina residents in grades K–12
Personalized approach to education
North Carolina-licensed teachers
Dual enrollment and community college partnerships
Honors and AP®, and credit recovery courses
The Support You and Your Student Need
Our teachers are committed to helping your family succeed with online learning. They provide instruction and support as your child works through the curriculum. And they keep the lines of communication open through:
ONLINE “CLASS CONNECT” SESSIONS
ONLINE AND IN-PERSON ACTIVITIES
You’ll also receive textbooks and other hands-on education materials delivered right to your door! These offline materials complement the interactive online elements of the lessons and vary by grade and course.